Fannie Mae's HomeReady and Freddie Mac's Home Possible programs are helping home buyers' dreams of owning a home a reality. These flexible programs have helped thousands with low income and lower credit scores make the home ownership dream come true. Not only that, they're much easier to qualify for than previous programs.
HomeReady and Home Possible are affordable, low down payment mortgage programs. They allows low to moderate income borrowers to purchase a home, with as little as 3% down. This down payment may not be required to be from your own savings, but instead a gift or a federal tax return. HomeReady and Home Possible also offer competitive interest rates, keeping your monthly mortgage payment in check.
Which other opportunities can be greater than this?
Get Started Today!
General Eligibility Requirements for Wisconsin HomeReady or Home Possible Mortgage
- 1st mortgage purchase or limited cash-out refinances acceptable
- 1 unit properties require 3% down payment
- 2-4 unit properties require a 5% down payment
- Manufactured housing is not eligible
- Owner-occupied primary residence only
- The borrower may not have an ownership interest in any other residential dwelling
Borrower Requirements for Wisconsin HomeReady or Home Possible Mortgage
- A minimum contribution of own funds $0 for 1 unit and 3% for 2-4 units
- Down payment can be a personal gift from a family member, employer assistance, gift or grant from a qualified entity
- Income limited to a maximum of 100% of area median income for Wisconsin
- First-time Home Buyer. At least 1 borrower on the loan needs to be a first time home buyer. First time home buyer is defined as not owning a home in the past 3 years
- Home-buyer education and counseling required for Fannie Mae HomeReady program