What is WHEDA?
WHEDA is an acronym for Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority. WHEDA was initiated to help low and moderate-income first-time homebuyers purchase their first home in Wisconsin. WHEDA loans are unique because you may qualify for no money down and reap the benefits of reduced-cost private mortgage insurance or no mortgage insurance.
Learn about your options!
Features and Benefits
- 100% financing
- Low down payment: Get into a home with as little as $1,000 in out-of-pocket expenses.
- 30-year fixed rate at 97% purchasing price
- You don't have to be a first-time homebuyer.
- Borrowers must contribute $1,000 of their own funds.
- Homebuyer education.
- The property must be owner-occupied.